12.26.2008

New Christmas Corals for my Aquarium



Horay! For Christmas this year, Jeff brought me to the fish store to buy corals for my marine tank. I decided to go saltwater when I moved from DC to San Diego so I sold off or gave away all my freshwater fish and plants and set up the saltwater tank when I arrived in in California. I started with just live rock and some easy-to-care-for marine fish. After a year everyone was still alive so I decided to pick up a few zooanthids and some other invertebrates. They are much more difficult to keep alive then fish, and as it would be, more expensive too. That was about 4 or so months ago and all are still thriving. Jeff, who has been known to pass a comment a time or two regarding the amount of time I spend with my fish, was able to recognize the joy it brings me and has sponsored the latest and greatest additions to my now official reef tank. Corals can be extremely delicate, difficult to care for and pretty expensive to boot. It was great to go to the fish store and pick out a bunch a beautiful corals guilt free. Thanks Jeff!





No comments:

Post a Comment