1.26.2007

Welcome to University Towne Centre!


UTC 2, originally uploaded by marmeer.

So much for the lifestyles of the rich and famous. I learned last night that our new apartment isn't technically in La Jolla. Boo. Guess I'll cancel the plastic surgery. We are actually located in University City, specifically University Towne Centre. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it? The neighborhood itself is located between three freeways and is called "The Golden Triangle". I have to giggle everytime I say that because, to me, it sounds like a place of employment for the questionably wholesome.

Still others refer to University City as East La Jolla. There seems to be a lot to do there between the La Jolla beaches, UTC shopping, restaurants, the Birch Aquarium and even air shows at Miramar Airforce Base. Hey, if you come to visit us, you can even tell your friends you're going to see a show at the Golden Triangle.

Go Tritons!

3 comments: