10.31.2009

Halloween 2009 in the New Neighborhood




Halloween was amazing this year. We had easily 80 - 100 kids and had to close shop after our 8 bags of candy ran out. We knew it would be the best year ever because it seems every house on the block has kids. They were arriving in droves, 10 - 20 at a time. The one thing I noticed is a lot of the older kids didn't bother dressing up at all. Kind of sad if you ask me. Too cool for school I guess.





Still, the older ones seemed to appreciate all the work we did this year. We put up lots of spider webs, added an outdoor fog machine and I even mixed my own series of spooky music. Not the cheesy Monster Mash stuff but actually REALLY scary sounds including moaning, creepy birds, demons speaking backwards, wolves, and sounds from movie clips. Some of the kids were too afraid to even approach the house alone. Jeff watched from the window and just laughed at them. ... which probably scared them more.



Jeff didn't dress up this year but played photographer for me. I dressed up as a ghost. As most of my friends know, I am avidly against slutty costumes. I don't understand them and think most girls just look at Halloween as an excuse to dress like a whore because they can get away with it, forgetting that the point of Halloween is to be scary. Scary Halloween costumes are meant to scare away the evil spirits and personlly I like to hold true to the tradition. Forget slutty nurse, slutty gypsy, slutty cop, slutty beer wench or whatever. Halloween is about spooky costumes I stuck to my guns again this year. Here are some photos from my ghost costume.

Sure it's traditional but whatever... I'm a purist.













No comments:

Post a Comment